Kefir Easter Cookies
- 200g The Culture Co Natural Kefir, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 400g plain flour, plus a little extra to dust
- 120g cold butter, cut into very small cubes
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g solid mini Easter eggs, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 230ºC (210ºC fan). Line two baking trays with baking paper or silicon baking mat.
Mix together the kefir and flour until it comes together as a shaggy mess. Add butter and use your hand to work the butter into the flour, rubbing it between your fingertips, until there are no more large chunks of butter.
Add baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sea salt and chocolate chips. Add the extra 2 tbsp kefir then, in the bowl, knead together all the ingredients until combined.
Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Turn the dough out onto the surface and use a floured rolling pin to roll out the dough to about 30-35cm in diameter. Use a 7cm round cookie cutter to cut 20 rounds from the dough (you may need to gather the scraps and re-roll the dough to get 20 rounds).
Transfer rounds to the prepared baking sheets and bake 10-12 mins or until golden brown.