Pumpkin Spice Pudding
- 300g peeled butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60g butter, plus extra to grease tin
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 200g The Culture Co. Natural Kefir, plus extra to serve
- 300g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 70g cinnamon sugar
- Icing sugar, to serve
Steam pumpkin until soft, drain any excess water. Add bicarb, butter and vanilla bean paste and mash until smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan).
Whisk together eggs and kefir. Once the pumpkin puree is cooled, stir through the egg and kefir mixture then add flour and cinnamon sugar and mix until just combined.
Grease a 20cm round baking tin. Spoon the mixture into the pan, gently tap on table to smooth the surface then bake for 40-45 mins until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Serve dusted with icing sugar and a generous drizzle of kefir.