Rainbow Veggie “Sushi” with Kefir Satay Dipping Sauce
- 1 big bunch of rainbow silverbeet (substitute regular silverbeet), try to choose a bunch with nice, big leaves!
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, washed and cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, washed and cut into matchsticks
- ½ red capsicum, washed, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
6 asparagus spears, washed and cut into matchsticks
- Purple kale, 2-3 leaves roughly torn into smaller pieces
- 1/8 small red cabbage, thinly shredded
KEFIR SATAY SAUCE
- 200g The Culture Co. Natural Kefir
- 3 generous tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp kecap manis
To make the sauce, simmer together the kefir, peanut butter and curry paste for 2-3 minutes. Add 125ml water, fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar and kecap manis. Stir for 1 minute on medium heat and then pour into a bowl to cool while you prepare the sushi.
Thoroughly wash silverbeet leaves in hot water to gently soften. Use a small, sharp paring knife to shave some the thickness away from the silverbeet stalks – this makes them easier to wrap).
Gently dry the silverbeet leaves then lay them out on a clean surface with the shortest lengths facing you. In the centre of each leaf make a small mountain of cucumber, carrot, capsicum and asparagus matchsticks. Top each with a small piece of kale and a pile of shredded red cabbage then fold the bottom quarter of the leaf over the filling. Fold over the sides, one at a time, then tightly roll up like you would a burrito.
Cut each wrap in half then serve with the cooled satay sauce to dip.